Apply to extend your stay or apply for indefinite leave to remain if your asylum claim has been refused and you have been given discretionary leave

Apply to extend your stay or settle in the UK if you have been refused asylum and been given discretionary leave

Use this form if you are already in the UK, to apply to extend your stay or apply for indefinite leave to remain if your asylum claim has been refused but you have been given 'discretionary leave outside the rules' to stay in the UK for a limited period of time. This includes if you were granted permission to stay as an unaccompanied asylum seeking child (UASC).

If you were granted permission:

Adding family members

You can also add some family members ('dependants') to your application. For example, if you are applying you can also add your partner and children, all on the same application.

Before you apply

Before you start your application, read the guidance on:

How long it takes you to complete the application will depend on your particular circumstances. You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.

If you are inactive for 25 minutes, you will be automatically logged out.

You must submit your documents within 10 working days of submitting your online application. If you do not do this, your application may be rejected.

Biometric information

If your visa application allows you to stay in the UK for more than 6 months at a time, as part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now