Application for human rights claims, leave outside the rules and other routes not covered by other forms - FLR(HRO)

Use this form to apply for an extension of stay in the UK on the basis of a human rights claim, to apply for permission to stay in the UK for a reason not covered by the Immigration Rules, or for an immigration application not covered by another form.

Before you start your application, you will need to select the category in which you are applying from the following:

  • leave outside the Immigration Rules based on your compassionate and compelling circumstances
  • leave outside the Immigration Rules
  • human rights claim (excluding claims covered by forms FLR (M) or FLR (FP))
  • medical grounds or ill health
  • discretionary leave (DL) where you have previously been granted a period of DL but have not previously been refused asylum
  • DL where you have been granted less than 4 years exceptional leave
  • Temporary Permission to stay as a victim of Human Trafficking or Slavery. This does not include Domestic Workers who are victims of slavery or human trafficking, who should apply on form FLR (IR)
  • other claims not covered by another form

You will be able to add other family members (if they are applying as dependents) to your application. Only child dependents can apply for Temporary Permission for Victims Of Human Trafficking or Slavery.

Healthcare surcharge

You must also pay a healthcare surcharge (called the ‘immigration health surcharge’ or IHS) in addition to your application fee, unless you are granted a fee waiver.

The amount you have to pay will depend on the length of leave you are applying for. Check how much you will have to pay before you apply.

When you cannot use this form

You cannot use this form:

  • to apply for asylum or international protection (including applying for humanitarian protection or an Article 3 European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) application made on protection grounds)
  • to make further submissions on asylum or human rights grounds after the refusal or withdrawal of an earlier asylum or human rights claim
  • to apply for leave to remain based on family or private life in the UK. In this circumstance, you should apply on the FLR(M) or FLR(FP) forms.

Before you apply

Read the information on GOV.UK to find out about eligibility.

This application includes an application for a biometric residence permit (BRP).

Fee waiver applicants must complete an online fee waiver request.

How long it takes you to finish the application will depend on your situation. You will be able to save your application and return to it at another time if you need to.

If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.

Biometric information

As part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now