Use this form to request a copy of your personal information from the Home Office's immigration records (this is also known as a 'subject access request').
You can also use this form to request data on someone else's behalf. All types of requests are free of charge.
What you need to know before applying
You will have to:
- confirm what type of information you require
- provide personal details so we can locate your records on our systems
You will need to send us:
- a copy of your photo identification, such as a passport, that has been certified as a true likeness
- signed authority from the person you are applying for, if you are applying for someone else
- proof of your relationship, if you are applying for a child
You should have this information ready before you apply. Please read the information and guidance before you start completing this form.
Your application will be rejected if we cannot find you on our systems, or you do not send us the evidence listed above.
There are 3 types of request you can make:
All requests are free and will be processed within 30 days of your identity being verified by the Home Office.
Basic requestsMost applicants find that this type of request gives them all the information they need. It can provide you with any of these 5 types of document and data record:
- summary of immigration history from our electronic systems
- landing cards that we hold electronically
- visa applications you submitted from outside of the UK (as part of entry clearance)
- a Workers Registration Scheme printout if you are a national of Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia
- entry and exit into and out of the UK, travel history can be provided for the past 5 years if a passport or travel document is submitted for this period
Specific requestsYou can request specific information if you need to. You should clearly describe what documents you need.
You can request copies of up to 5 single documents, including:
- a list of your applications
- a particular decision letter
- the outcome of an appeal (appeal determination)
- a particular detention progress report
- a deportation order
- a particular interview record
Detailed requestsWe will provide you with a summary of immigration history from our electronic systems after which you can request additional information if the electronic summary does not meet your needs. This additional information could for example come from:
- Home Office files (including Port and Asylum Support)
- detention records
It will speed up the process if you state what information you require.
About the online form
Only one person's personal information can be requested from us as part of each application.
You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.
If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.
How we use your data
The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.