Request personal information held by UK Visas & Immigration

Use this form to request a copy of your personal information from the Home Office's immigration records (this is also known as a 'subject access request').

You can also use this form to request data on someone else's behalf. All types of requests are free of charge.

What you need to know before applying

You will have to:

You will need to send us:

You should have this information ready before you apply. Please read the information and guidance before you start completing this form.

Your application will be rejected if we cannot find you on our systems, or you do not send us the evidence listed above.

There are three types of requests you can make:

Basic requests

Most applicants find that this type of request gives them all the information they need. It can provide you with any of these four types of documents and data records:

Specific requests

You can request up to 5 specific documents or data records, for example those that formed part of a previous application. If you need more general or wide ranging information, you should choose to make a detailed request.

Detailed requests

We will provide you with an initial electronic summary of information, after which you can request additional information if the electronic summary does not meet your needs. This additional information could come from:

About the online form

Only one person's personal information can be requested from us as part of each application.

You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.

If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now