Apply for a Home Office travel document

Apply for a document to travel outside the UK if you are not British and cannot use or get a passport from your country.

Before you start, find more information on:

You must not apply for a Home Office travel document if you have changed your personal details, as your application will be refused. Please refer to the guidance for more information.

Do not use this form if you wish to replace a biometric residence permit (BRP) that has been lost, stolen, or damaged. To apply for a replacement BRP, you must use form BRP(RC).

Please note that we will not send Home Office travel documents or biometric residence permit cards to hostels, hotels, or PO Box addresses.

You will be able to save your application and come back to it another time if you need to.If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.

Apply now