Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) leave to remain


Apply to extend or switch to remain in the UK under Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)

Biometric information

As part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).

Healthcare surcharge

You may have to pay a healthcare surcharge (called the ‘immigration health surcharge’ or IHS) in addition to your visa application fee. Check how much you may have to pay.

Postgraduate studies

If you are taking a postgraduate course in the UK, you might need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate. Find out if you need an ATAS certificate.

You can apply online if you need an ATAS certificate.

Product details

To apply for Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) leave to remain you need:

  • a licensed sponsor who will employ you in the UK
  • to be at least 16 years old
  • to be photographed and have your fingerprints recorded
  • to speak English
  • to prove that you have enough money to pay for your stay in the UK (£945.00)
  • to own no more than 10% of shares in your sponsor's limited company, unless you will earn at least £159,600 per year

You will only be considered for Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) leave to remain. You will not be considered for any other type of leave to remain. You must use a different form if you want to stay for another reason.

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Borders, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now