Start-up or Innovator: permission to stay

You can use this form if you are in the UK and:

  • you have permission in a different immigration route and want to switch to either the Start-up or Innovator route
  • you have permission in the Innovator route and want to extend your stay

You must be endorsed by an approved Start-up endorsing body or an approved Innovator endorsing body before you apply. Start up endorsements will only be valid if issued before the 13th April 2023 and are being used within 3 months of the date of issue

Before you apply

Before you begin your application, read the Start-up guidance or Innovator guidance on:

  • eligibility
  • how to apply and required documents
  • fees
  • how long it will take to get your permission to stay

How to apply

To apply for permission in either the Start-up or Innovator route, you need to:

If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.

Biometric information

If your visa application allows you to stay in the UK for more than 6 months at a time, as part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Borders, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now