Skilled Worker


Apply to extend or switch to remain in the UK under the Skilled Worker visa route.
You can apply for a Skilled Worker visa if:
  • you have been offered a skilled job in the UK
  • you'll be working for an approved UK employer
  • your job meets the minimum salary requirements
  • you can speak, read, write and understand English
If your sponsor or employer has confirmed you are eligible for the Health and Care visa, you will get the opportunity to confirm this in your application

Biometric information

As part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).

Healthcare surcharge

You may have to pay a healthcare surcharge (called the ‘immigration health surcharge’ or IHS) in addition to your visa application fee. Check how much you may have to pay.

Before you start

Before you start your application, read the guidance on:

  • eligibility
  • how to apply and required documents
  • fees

Certificate of Sponsorship

You should make sure that you have your Certificate of Sponsorship provided by your sponsor to hand when you apply, as it has information you will need to complete the form. Your application is likely to be rejected if you do not have a Certificate of Sponsorship.

You will only be considered for permission to stay as a Skilled Worker. You will not be considered for any other type of permission to stay. You must use a different form if you want to stay for another reason.

How to apply

To apply for a Skilled Worker visa, you need to:

You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to decide whether to grant your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now