Apply to settle in the UK - certain categories only

Use this form to apply to settle in the UK under certain categories only.

You can no longer apply for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 1 (General) or Highly Skilled Migrants Programme categories.

You will be able to add your partner and/or any children if they are applying as your dependants.

If you are the spouse or partner of someone who is settled and currently living in the UK and you have completed the relevant period of continuous leave in the UK using the 'Family Route', you cannot use this form. You must instead apply using the form Apply to settle in the UK - Partner of a person or parent of a child already settled in the UK.

Before you apply

Check your eligibility before you apply. If you are eligible to apply you will find guidance on how to complete your application and the evidence you need to provide within the online application.

This application includes an application for a biometric residence permit (BRP) and biometric immigration document.

Do not apply any sooner than 28 days before you complete your qualifying period.

How long it takes you to complete the application will depend on your particular circumstances. You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.

If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.

Biometric information

As part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, either a biometric residence permit (BRP) or online evidence of immigration status.

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to decide whether to grant your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Borders, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now