Use this form to apply to settle in the UK as a current spouse or partner of a person present and settled in the UK or as a parent of a child present and settled in the UK and you have spent 5 years with permission to qualify for settlement.
Use a different form if you have spent 10 years with permission to qualify for settlement.
You should only use this form if your:
- current leave to remain is as the partner of a British citizen, settled person, or person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection and that leave is on the 5 year route and you have completed at least 5 years with leave on that route.
- current leave to remain is as the parent of a child present and settled in the UK on the 5 year route and you have completed at least 5 years with leave on that route.
If you’re not sure which route you’re on, check the letter you got from the Home Office when you were granted leave as it is not possible to combine periods of leave granted on different routes.
Do not use this form if:
- your current leave to remain is as a partner or parent on the 10 year family route. This means you have had permission to stay in the UK for at least 10 years. Applications for settlement on that route will open on 20 June 2022 when the new ‘Settlement as a partner or parent’ and ‘Settlement as a child (including a child aged over 18 already in the UK as a dependent)’ forms will be available on the gov.uk website
- your current leave to remain is as the partner of a PBS migrant, you have completed 5 years in the UK under this route, and you want to apply for settlement using this route. Instead you should apply using form SET(O)
- your current leave to remain is as the partner of a member, or former member, of HM Forces, you have completed 5 years in the UK under this route and you want to settle in the UK using this route. Instead you should apply using form SET(AF)
You will be able to add any children if they are applying as your dependants.
Check your eligibility before you apply. If you are eligible to apply you will find guidance on how to complete your application and the evidence you need to provide within the online application.
This application includes an application for a biometric residence permit (BRP).
How long it takes you to complete the application will depend on your particular circumstances. You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.
If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.
As part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).
How we use your data
The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Borders, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.