Apply to settle in the UK – victim of domestic violence

Use this form to apply to settle in the UK if you were given permission to stay as the partner of a British citizen, a person settled in the UK, or a member of HM Forces who has served for at least 4 years, and your relationship has ended because of domestic violence.

HM Forces means a member of the Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force and includes a person who was a member of HM Forces but was discharged within the period of 2 years prior to the date of this application.

If you have no money to support yourself while you are applying, you can complete a separate application form to ask UK Visas and Immigration for permission to claim benefits for up to 3 months.

You will be able to add any children if they are applying as your dependants.

Before you apply

Before you begin, read the guidance to find out about eligibility, how to make your application and the required documents.

This application includes an application for a biometric residence permit (BRP).

How long it takes you to complete the application will depend on your particular circumstances. You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.

If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.

Biometric information

As part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Borders, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now