In order to complete the booking you will need:
- passport details for all applicants
- date of birth for all applicants
- a payment card
It normally takes less than 30 minutes to complete the booking, if you have this information.
You can save your booking and return to it later. You can change your answers any time before you make your payments.
You must attend your appointment before your current visa or leave expires or your application may be refused.
You can choose an appointment up to 45 business days in the future. Appointment times will be based on availability. If you can’t find an appointment at your preferred premium service centre location before your visa or leave expires, please choose an appointment at a different premium service centre.
If you're applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be:
- at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test
- within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period
If you do not complete the booking within 70 days of starting it your information will be deleted.
Rescheduling or cancelling your appointment
You can return to this site if you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment.
You must be applying from within the UK.
Not all types of application can be made in person. You can use this service if you are applying for one of the following categories. Use the links below to download an application form and guidance for your application type.
- SET (AF)
- Indefinite leave to remain (settlement) as a discharged member of HM Forces, or the partner or child of a member of HM Forces
- SET (F)
- Indefinite leave to remain (settlement) as a child under the age of 18
- SET (LR)
- Indefinite leave to remain (settlement) in the UK on the basis of long residence
- SET (M)
- Indefinite leave to remain (settlement) in the UK as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK
- SET (O)
- Indefinite leave to remain (settlement) in the UK in various immigration categories listed in this form
Further Leave to Remain
- FLR (AF)
- Leave to remain (permission to stay) in the UK as a member of HM Forces or their dependant
- FLR (FP)
- Leave to remain (permission to stay) in the UK on the basis of a right to a family or private life
- FLR (M)
- Leave to remain (permission to stay) in the UK as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK, or as a partner of a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection
- FLR (HRO)
- Leave to remain (permission to stay) in the UK for human rights claims, leave outside the rules and other routes not covered by other forms
- FLR (IR)
- Leave to remain (permission to stay) in the UK for other routes under the Immigration Rules
PBS Work and Dependants
Transfer or Replacement
EEA or CR Resident Permit
- Blue or yellow registration certificate for a Croatian national exercising a treaty right in the UK
- Blue registration certificate for a Croatian national exercising a treaty right as a highly skilled migrant
- Purple registration certificate in the UK for a Croatian national
- EEA (QP)
- Registration certificate as an EEA national qualified person
How we use your data
The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to decide whether to grant your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.