IntroductionApply to extend or switch your visa or leave to remain as the partner of someone that has one of the following visas:
- Skilled Worker
- Skilled Worker : Health and Care Visa
- International Sportsperson
- Global Talent
- Intra-Company Transfer
- Intra-Company Graduate Trainee
- Temporary Work
- Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5
You should use this service if you are applying after the main applicant has already submitted their application or been granted leave in one of these categories.
This service is to apply as a dependant partner. You can also add dependant children to your application. For example, if you are applying as a partner with two children, you can all apply on the same application. Dependant children applying on their own should use a different form to apply.
Before you start
Before you start your application, read the guidance on:
- how to apply and required documents
Your partner's details
You should make sure you have your partner's details to hand when you apply, including the following, as it will help you to complete the application more quickly:
- your partner's passport details
- if your partner is a sponsored worker, their Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) details including the Sponsor Licence Number
- if your partner is a student, their Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) details including the Sponsor Licence Number
How to apply
You need to:
- complete the application form and answer in English
- pay the health surcharge
- pay for the visa fee online (in most cases)
- provide your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph) for a biometric residence permit
How long it takes you to complete the application will depend on your particular situation. You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.
If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.
You will only be considered if you are applying as a Dependant Partner of a person on one of the visas listed above. You will not be considered for any other type of leave to remain. You must use a different form if you want to stay for another reason.
How we use your data
The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Borders, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.