PBS Dependant - Partner


Apply to extend or switch your visa or leave to remain as the spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner or same-sex partner of a Tier 1, 2 or 5 worker or Tier 4 student.

You should use this service if you are applying after the main applicant has already submitted their application or been granted leave in one of these categories.

This service is to apply as a dependant partner. You can also add dependant children to your application. For example, if you are applying as a partner with two children, you can all apply on the same application. Dependant children applying on their own should apply here

Biometric information

As part of your application process you must also provide your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo). If you choose Standard or Priority service you will be required to pay an additional fee of £19.20 per applicant when you have your biometrics taken. If you choose the Premium service you will have your biometrics taken at your appointment at no additional cost.

Healthcare surcharge

You may have to pay a healthcare surcharge (called the ‘immigration health surcharge’ or IHS) in addition to your visa application fee. Check how much you may have to pay.

Postgraduate studies

If you are taking a postgraduate course in the UK you might need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate Find out if you need an ATAS certificate.

You can apply online if you need an ATAS certificate.

Product details

Find more information on the eligibility requirements for this type of application, including the documents you will need to submit and how much money you will need to show for living costs, if required.

You will only be considered for PBS Dependant - Partner. You will not be considered for any other type of leave to remain. You must use a different form if you want to stay for another reason.

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now