Apply for a certificate showing right of abode: Form ROA

Use this form to apply for a certificate of entitlement showing you have the right to live and work in the UK (right of abode).

Before you apply

Before you begin, read the guidance to find out about eligibility.

If you do not live in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man

You cannot apply on this form. You must apply here. (This includes people who live in a British Overseas Territory.)

How long it takes you to complete the application will depend on your particular circumstances. You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.

If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now