- have been endorsed as a recognised leader (exceptional talent)
- have been endorsed as an emerging leader (exceptional promise)
- hold an eligible prize accepted by the Home Office
Check the list of accepted prizes.
You can apply using an endorsement or a prize, or an extension.
You can also apply to add family members to your application.
Before you apply
Before you begin your application, read the full guidance on:
- how to apply and required documents
- how long it will take to get your permission to stay
How to apply
To apply for Global Talent permission to stay, you need to:
- complete the application form and answer in English
- pay the health surcharge
- pay for the fee online
- provide your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph) for a biometric residence permit
How long it takes you to complete the application will depend on your particular situation. You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.
If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.
If your visa application allows you to stay in the UK for more than 6 months at a time, as part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).
How we use your data
The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.
You will only be considered for Global Talent. You will not be considered for any other type of permission to stay. You must use a different form if you want to stay for another reason.