Global Business Mobility

You can use this form to apply to extend or switch to remain in the UK under the Global Business Mobility visa route. You can apply for a Global Business Mobility visa if you are one of the following:

  • a senior or specialist worker being transferred by your overseas employer to a branch in the UK
  • a graduate trainee being transferred to the UK by your employer as part of a graduate training programme for a managerial or specialist role
  • providing a service under contract as a contractual service supplier or independent professional
  • establishing a branch or subsidiary of your overseas employer in the UK
  • seconded to the UK as part of a contract or investment by your overseas employer


You must have been assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship by a business that is licensed to sponsor applications for the purpose of your stay under Global Business Mobility.

Biometric information

As part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).

Healthcare surcharge

You may have to pay a healthcare surcharge (called the ‘immigration health surcharge’ or IHS) in addition to your visa application fee. Check how much you may have to pay.

Postgraduate studies

If you are taking a postgraduate course in the UK, you might need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate. Find out if you need an ATAS certificate.

You can apply online if you need an ATAS certificate.

Family members

You can add family members ('dependants') to this application.

Before you apply

Read the Global Business Mobility guidance to find out about eligibility, how to apply, required documents and application fees.

How long it takes you to complete the application will depend on your particular situation. You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.

If you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out.

You will only be considered for Global Business Mobility permission to stay. You will not be considered for any other type of leave to remain. You must use a different form if you want to stay for another reason.

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now