Extend your stay in the UK as a HM Armed Forces service leaver or the dependant of a serving or HM Armed Forces service leaver

You can use this form if you are in the UK and:

HM Armed Forces means a member of the Royal Navy, British Army, including the Brigade of Gurkhas, or Royal Air Force. HM Armed Forces service leaver means a person who was a member of HM Armed Forces but was discharged within the period of 2 years prior to the date of this application.

Your children

If you are applying as a partner of an HM Armed Forces member, only children you have parental responsibility for can apply with you on the same application form. If the HM Armed Forces member has other children, they should apply on their own application form.

Before you apply

Before you start your application, read the FLR(AF) guidance on:

This application includes an application for a biometric residence permit (BRP).

How long it takes you to complete the application will depend on your particular circumstances. You will be able to save your application and come back to it at another time if you need to.

If you are inactive for 25 minutes, you will be automatically logged out.

You must submit your documents within 10 working days of submitting your online application. If you do not do this, your application may be rejected.

Biometric information

As part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).

How we use your data

The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Borders, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

Apply now