- your BRP or other immigration document is lost, stolen, damaged
- your BRP or other immigration document has expired after you have received indefinite leave to remain
- your UK visa is in a passport that is lost, stolen, damaged, or expired
- you have changed your name, nationality, facial appearance, date of birth, or gender
- you want to transfer or upgrade your old immigration document to a BRP
You may also wish to replace your BRP if it is valid for less than 3 months and you require evidence of your identity or right to study or work in the UK.
You will need to complete a new application for each dependant applying for a biometric residence permit.
If your BRP was lost, stolen or damaged outside the UK
You cannot apply for a replacement BRP outside the UK.
You will need a ‘replacement BRP visa’ which lets you re-enter the UK once only - you must apply online in most countries.
You must apply for a replacement BRP within 1 month of your return to the UK.
Read our guidance to learn more about who can use this form, what documents you need to provide and what fees you may need to pay.
How to apply
To apply for a replacement BRP you need to:
- fill in the application form
- have your documents ready
- pay the application fee
- have your biometrics taken (fingerprints and a photo)
You will be able to save your application and come back to it another time if you need to.
How we use your data
The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to consider your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.