Select a visa category

You will be shown more information once you select a category, click 'Next' and enter the country you are applying from.

Apply as the family member of someone who is part of one of the following categories:
  • work (non points-based)
  • armed forces
  • exempt from immigration control
  • study
  • settled in the UK
  • British citizen
  • has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK
  • other
If you are a dependant of someone who is applying for, or already has a points-based work visa, you should apply here.
Apply to come to the UK as:
  • armed forces subject to immigration control (this is also known as course F) and dependants
  • bereaved family member of someone who was a member of UK armed forces (HM forces) under appendix armed forces
  • former UK armed forces (HM forces)
  • former Gurkha or Hong Kong military unit veteran discharged before 1997
  • relevant civilian employee (NATO forces or the Australian defence department)
  • widow of a former Gurkha or Hong Kong military unit veteran discharged before 1997
Apply to work in the UK as:
  • an airline employee
  • a continental shelf worker
  • a representative of an overseas business
  • a sheep shearer
  • Service Providers based in Switzerland and working for an eligible company (or eligible self employed Swiss nationals based in Switzerland)

Click here if you want to apply for points based work visas

Apply for a visa to travel to the following places:
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Cayman Islands
  • Falkland Islands
  • Turks and Caicos
  • Gibraltar
  • Jamaica
  • Trinidad and Tobago